Aker BP Gains Tambar Gas-Lift Nod

Thursday 12 October 2017

Aker BP has been granted safety consent to carry out modifications and drilling work related to a gas-lift project aimed at boosting recovery at its Tambar oilfield off Norway.

The Anglo-Norwegian operator intends to drill two new production wells using jack-up Maersk Interceptor, for which it has also gained the safety nod, and install gas-lift equipment in both existing and new holes.

It addition, the company has gained approval for minor modifications to the North Sea facility including installation of a new gas-lift module and associated control functions, as well as an operating life extension for the field.

Gas lift will also be supplemented at Tambar using an existing pipeline between the Ula and Gyda fields.

The project is being implemented to offset a decline in reservoir pressure at Tambar that has hit output rates after the field, which produces via a remotely controlled wellhead platform, was brought on stream in 2001.

Aker BP operates production licence 065 that hosts the field with 55%, with sole partner Faroe Petroleum on the remaining 45%.